Writing a book – writing inspiration - using people for inspiration
Need some writing inspiration? Just look around at the people in your life
People play such a big part of our lives and it will be our interaction with others that will bring us either the most sadness or happiness and definitely the most confusion. As part of your story I wonder who will be playing a role in helping to write this section and possibly play a starring role and more importantly will they want to?
What people will be involved in your memoir / life story?
Who, will make an appearance in the book of you? Will you keep real names and real events or will you gloss over these things.
Who else is in our story?
Is there someone, other than yourself at the heart of your story. Who is that person, how do they interact with you and how does who they are and what they do intersect with your story Answer these questions.
- How old are they?
- Male or female
- How would their friends describe them?
- How would their enemies describe them?
- Do they have children?
- What do they do for a living?
- What other career did they have?
- What is the best thing that happened to them?
- What is the worst thing that happened to them?
- Are they political?
- Do they anything they are passionate about?
- Distinguishing feature
- What are they proudest of having achieved?
- Any skeletons in the closet?
- What food do they hate?
- What last made them cry?
- Describe how they fit with your story.
[text_bar_2 + width="100%"]Your action plan - writing about the people in your life[/text_bar_2]
- Thinking about the people that you meet have some fun and put them into categories:-
- What does this tell you about these people?
- What stories can you make up with them in these roles?
[content_box_grey width="75%"]Book a book discovery day and discover the book in you[/content_box_grey]
[text_bar_2 + width="100%"]Read these[/text_bar_2]